Various Base Locations
What does a First Officer do for Allegiant?
The First Officer is the second in command and performs the duties as described below, and as directed by the Captain.
What are some of the daily duties of a First Officer?
• Each crewmember’s first responsibility is the safety of passengers, other crewmembers and the aircraft
• Familiar with the duties and responsibilities of the Captain
• Bring to the Captain’s attention, assertively if necessary,
information regarding the safety of flight which the Captain may not
• Bring to the Captain’s attention any deviation from standard operating procedures
• Familiar with weather, payload, fuel, and other factors which apply to the flight
• Completes necessary avionics, flight instrument, systems and fuel quantity checks
• Reports mechanical discrepancies to the Captain
• Prepares the load manifest, including weight and balance computations,
and confirm, along with the Captain, that the aircraft is properly
loaded and within center of gravity and performance limits for takeoff
• Operates the aircraft or assists the Captain as directed
• Verifies that each checklist is properly completed
• Monitors ATC clearances and ensure that the Captain understands clearances accepted from ATC
• Assists in securing the aircraft when necessary at termination of the flight
What are the minimum requirements to be a First Officer?
• High School diploma or equivalent; College preferred
• Minimum of 3000 flights hours (fixed wing), Jet, and PIC time
preferred (Lower flight time may be considered based on current work
history, 121 experience, military experience, or equipment).
o All pilots must verify their flight time by logbooks
• Must have current FAA First Class Medical Certificate
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must have a valid passport
• Airline Transport Pilot Certificate, Airplane Multiengine Land (AMEL)
• Has not reached the age 65
What other skills, knowledge, and qualifications are needed to be a First Officer?
• Current Second Class Medical Certificate (must have current First Class Certificate when hired).
• Ability to read and write English
• Basic computer skills
• Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen
• Must have authorization to work in the U.S. as defined in the Immigrations Act of 1986
• All required forms of identification presented, i.e., passport,
driver’s license, and social security card, must match one another
What are the physical requirements of a First Officer?
• Travel required-Must be able to travel internationally; exiting and entering the United States
• Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (High Visibility clothing, Ear protection, safety glasses) when required
Sign up for Job Alerts
First OfficerAir Transport InternationalHome BasedJan 31
First OfficerSpirit AirlinesFt Lauderdale, FL, United StatesFeb 02
First OfficerOmni Air InternationalHome basedFeb 21
First Officer PilotSkyWest AirlinesSLC, COS DEN, FAT, IAH, LAX, MSP, ORD, PSP, PHX, PDXFeb 02
Hawker 800/850XP First OfficerBusiness Jet AccessDallas, TX, United StatesFeb 16