What we do:
Air Transport International (ATI) is an experienced supplemental air carrier with the ability to reach across the globe. Headquartered in Wilmington, Ohio, and operates a worldwide fleet of Boeing 757 and 767 cargo and combi passenger aircraft. ATI specializes in freight forwarding, government and military contracts. ATI is a subsidiary of Air Transport Services Group, Inc.
Our great benefits, competitive pay, and exciting atmosphere are all key factors that help make ATI such a great place to work!
The flight attendant shares with flight crew the responsibility for the safety of passengers as specified by the Company and Federal Aviation Administration regulations. More specifically, the Flight Attendant is responsible for cabin safety while maintaining the foremost in quality and excellence of passenger and in-flight cabin service.
- Coordinating with other crewmembers assigned to the flight to assure a smooth operation with maximum efficiency
- Observe company uniform regulations which include no visible tattoos or multiple piercings
- Observe company conduct regulations while on duty or when representing the company
- Perform preflight checks for security, required cabin emergency equipment, catering and commissary supplies, and appearance of the cabin, and reporting any discrepancies to the Flight Deck
- Assist flight crew in manifesting passengers including any special information needed for international flights.
- Ensure passenger personal items are stowed properly in the overhead bins or under seats prior to closing main cabin door. Ensure pathways are clear to emergency exits, all equipment and supplies are secured for taxi, takeoff and landing.
- Ensures passengers are briefed regarding the following: smoking, location of emergency exits and seating requirements, use of oxygen, seatbelts, seatbacks, tray tables, aisle path lighting, and life preservers and rafts (as applicable). Following briefing announcements, check for compliance
- Prior to takeoff report to the captain the following: correct number of passengers onboard, passenger loading door closed, locked and secure, slide(s) attached properly, and cabin ready for takeoff
- Perform such other duties assigned by the captain of the flight
- Act as Ground Security Coordinator, as required in accordance with provisions of the Security Compliance Program Manual and 49 CFR 1544, as applicable
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Successful complete a Criminal History Records Check
- Must be able to qualify and pass a US Government secret clearance in the event of CRAF activation
- Three years’ experience with customer service
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English; Must be at least 21 years of age; Must be able to stand, bend, and reach; sit for extended periods of time; Must be able to operate all emergency exits and aircraft equipment, using all the necessary movements and force to move up to 70 pounds
- Previous Flight Attendant experience preferred
- Previous aviation industry experience also considered
Air Transport International is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status and prohibits discharging or in any other manner discriminating against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. The Company further does not discriminate on any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
For more information about ATI employment opportunities visit https://www.airtransport.cc
This job is available at the following location(s):
- Home Based