Avionics & Airframe Systems Engineer 5
This Avionics & Airframe Systems Engineering position is part of a team that supports the design, development, test, and integration of complex, specialized hardware/software systems installed on airborne and ground-based Mission Communications platforms.
General duties and responsibilities include:
- Interfaces with the Customer, Program Management, other Systems, Test, Development, and Project Engineering personnel to understand new baseline functionality.
- Develops system level requirements and translates those into requirements for product development and aeronautical engineering.
- Provides technical oversight and review support to development groups during product design and development.
- Plans and executes integration & testing in a Systems Integration Laboratory and on airborne and ground-based platforms.
- Verifies and validates new baseline functionality while ensuring legacy functionality still works as intended.
- Supports field team deployments for delivery, installation, and sell-off of avionic and airframe systems.
- Plans and executes periodic SIL and platform upgrades to new installation, wiring, and equipment configurations.
- Follows existing standards to document system testing status and anomalies with the system.
- Verifies fixes to system anomalies. Interfaces with customer personnel to ensure their satisfaction with system performance.
- Works with management to develop and adhere to schedules and budgets required to accomplish assigned work.
- Provides regular status updates for ongoing work efforts to keep management and customer informed.
- Coordinate test activities between Customer, Test, HDL, Engineering and PMO and maintain a daily test schedule during ground and flight test.
- Perform installation, upgrade, configuration, deployment, and administration of Customer LRUs related to aircraft avionics systems; coordinate version upgrades and software fixes; troubleshoot and resolve system problems and performance issues.
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate engineering discipline (Electrical/Aero) and a minimum of nine (9) years’ directly related avionics integration experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Avionics and Airframe Engineering Candidates must possess:
- Experience on 757-200 avionics and airframe
- Willingness and ability to perform flight test duties onboard customer aircraft.
- Ability to pass an FAA Third-Class FAA flight physical, altitude chamber training, and abbreviated local flight-related training for Land/Water Survival, Emergency EGRESS, etc.
Avionics and Airframe Engineering Candidates with experience in one or more of the following is preferred:
- Knowledge and experience in generating system level requirements and block diagrams, with subsequent allocation to product level requirements, aircraft installation specifications, and integration & test plans.
- Understanding and recent experience with requirements management, utilizing a tool such as DOORS.
- Experience in writing technical proposals and/or end-user documentation (manuals, Tech Orders, training material, etc.).
- Hands-on experience integrating complex software intensive systems in a lab and aircraft environments.
- Experience with aircraft ground and flight testing.
- Experience with avionics and platform certification to DO-178 & DO-254 will be considered a plus.
- Must be able to understand hardware and software requirements documents.
- Must be able to understand, write, and implement systems test plans and procedures.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
-Physical requirements: Must be able to climb aircraft stairs and ladders. Some lifting required.
Position requires an active DoD Secret security clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance at the TS/SCI level which requires US citizenship.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
We maintain a drug free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
US Security Clearance Required: Secret
Shift: Day - 1st
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Sign up for Job Alerts
AVIONICS TECHNICIAN748 Air ServicesNairobi, Nairobi County, KenyaFeb 06
Technician, Avionics/Instrumentation Flight TestBombardier AerospaceWichita, KS, United StatesJan 26
Avionics Technician, Customer Response TeamBombardier AerospaceHouston, TX, United StatesJan 26
Customer Response Team (CRT) - Avionics / ElectronicsBombardier AerospaceScottsdale, AZ, United StatesJan 26
Hawker 4000 PIC & SIC NeededTalon AirKFRGFeb 04