Non-Line Capable Simulator Instructor
Compass Airlines is seeking Non-Line Capable Simulator Instructors to join our team at our Minneapolis, Minnesota – Headquarters location. We are looking for an innovative and technical individual, with exceptional business judgment, as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the Compass organization.
Simulator Instructor – Non Line Capable (NLC): executes flight training programs for the Embraer ERJ 170 aircraft and imparts academic knowledge and cognitive-psychomotor skills to new-hire and line pilots, to ensure safe and efficient operations of Compass Airlines’ aircraft. The instructor conducts pilot flight training in advanced training devices and simulators.
- Have instructional training background and extensive training experience in aviation or aviation related field
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to all levels of the organization.
- Embraer 170/190 Type Rating
- Bachelor degree preferred
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
- Hold an Airline Transport Pilot certificate
- None beyond those needed for a typical office employee.
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of Part 91 and Part 121 flight rules and Part 121 flight operations
- Knowledge and understanding of Part 121 Flight Crewmember policies, procedures and processes.
- Must have ability to instruct trainee pilots in all aspects of training curriculum.
- To perform duties, must have skills to operate training devices while conducting instruction
- Must be able to understand technical publications and regulations and apply them into training.
- Must be PC literate with skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required.
- Position based primarily in MSP Training Center but may require travel to other training facilities to conduct training
- Instruct student pilots in the E175 curriculum
- Instruct in Full Flight Simulator and Integrated Procedures Trainers
- Instruct in a classroom and briefing room setting
- Must have ability to work an alternative work schedule and be available at short notice
- Complete training records and write training reports as required
- Classroom instruction
- Full motion flight simulator
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
How to Apply:
If interested, please click “Apply” to be directed to our online application for this position. All submissions must include salary requirements.
Compass Airlines is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, religion, color, disabled or veteran status, national origin, gender, age, citizenship status or other protected class status covered by federal, state or local law.
All applicants must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Product Marketing ManagerPiper AircraftVero Beach, FL, United StatesMar 23
Challenger 300 CaptainBusiness Jet Accessdallas, txMar 23
Corporate PilotGreat Southern BankSpringfield, MO, United StatesMar 23
First Officer or Captain Qualified First OfficerTrans States AirlinesSt. Louis, MO, United StatesMar 23
Manager Inflight Service TrainingTrans States AirlinesSt. Louis, MO, United StatesMar 23
Latest from the webjobs by
Industry Manager, Justice, Law Enforcement & Border SecurityUnisysReston, VA18 Mar
Production ControllerWorkforce Resources, IncElizabeth City, NC 2790921 Feb
Division ControllerCommand Security CorporationNew York, NY 1000415 Feb
Staff AssistantAmerican AirlinesChicago, IL 6066624 Mar
Staff AssistantAmerican AirlinesPhoenix, AZ16 Mar
Flight Instructor - SimulatorAlaska AirlinesSeattle, WA, United StatesMar 16
Inflight InstructorFrontier AirlinesDenver, CO, United StatesMar 21
Vision Instructor PilotCirrus AircraftKnoxville, TN, United StatesMar 21
Institute of Aviation Certified Flight Instructor (Adjunct)Parkland CollegeChampaign, IL, United StatesMar 21
Manager of Instructor Standards and AdministrationCompass AirlinesMinneapolis, MN, United StatesMar 20