Posted Mar 20
Chattanooga, TN, United States Full Time
- A Captain's primary responsibility is to provide for the safe, comfortable, and economical operation of the assigned aircraft. While the captain may delegate some flight-related duties to other members of the flight crew, the captain retains full responsibility for the aircraft and the overall performance of the crew. When assigned as Pilot-in-Command (PIC) for a trip, a Captain assumes command responsibility for the aircraft and crew, and is operationally responsible to the Director of Flight Operations & Chief Pilot. When assigned as First Officer, a Captain is operationally responsible to the designated PIC for that trip. These relationships remain in effect, regardless of which pilot is flying the aircraft or which pilot seat is occupied. At all other times, a Captain reports to and is administratively responsible to the Director of Flight Operations & Chief Pilot. The duties of a Captain include, but are not limited to the following:Job Description:Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Remain current and qualified in assigned aircraft and be familiar with all regulations and procedures pertaining to its operation.
- Review all maintenance documentation to ensure the assigned aircraft is airworthy, with all required maintenance actions completed and signed off.
- Ensure that a complete preflight inspection of the aircraft is performed before each trip, and perform a walk-around inspection between flights.
- Ensure the assigned aircraft is clean, properly serviced, and stocked with all provisions needed for a flight.
- Ensure that all members of the assigned crew are fully qualified, properly rested, and prepared for flight, have all required licenses and certificates in their possession, and are briefed on all specific requirements of the trip.
- Plan and review all aspects of an assigned trip, arrange for enroute support requirements, and file flight plans. Use the services of international handling agents, when required, to complete necessary arrangements.
- Ensure that all crewmembers and passengers have, in their possession, valid passports and visas or tourist cards for the countries to be visited, current international certificates of vaccination, and other documents required for any specific destination. Ensure that all crewmembers and passengers comply with customs, immigration, and agricultural regulations of all countries of entry.
- Compute aircraft performance data and brief crewmembers.
- Fly the aircraft and supervise the performance of the crew to complete all pre-flight, in-flight, and post-flight assignments.
- Provide for the safety and comfort of passengers, and satisfy their needs and requests, within the limits of sound operational procedures.
- Maintain ongoing communication and liaison with corporate representatives and aviation department employees at home station to inform them of the location and status of the aircraft and crew. Coordinate additions to and deletions from passenger lists, and make necessary changes in planned itineraries.
- Provide for the servicing, maintenance, and protection of the aircraft at all times while away from home station. Coordinate closely with maintenance providers for advice and assistance with maintenance requirements.
- Assist in training other crewmembers in the performance of their duties, when required. Provide individual appraisals to the Director of Flight Operations & Chief Pilot, when requested, for his preparation of employees' annual performance evaluations.
- Complete all required aircraft forms, logs, records, and reports.
- Perform additional administrative duties and special projects, as assigned by the Director of Flight Operations & Chief Pilot.
- Availability for frequent overnight and weekend travel required
- Professionalism is highly required
- Job QualificationsEducation
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent experience
- Flight Time: 3000 TT, 1500 PIC, 500 Multi-engine turbine or equivalent experience
- Experience using appropriate aviation equipment and office equipment
- Minimum three (3) years related experience required
- Medical: First Class Certificate
- Licenses: ATP, type-rating in Lear Jet 45 preferred, all necessary certifications required
Previous corporate aviation experience highly preferred.Number of Openings Available:1Worker Type:EmployeeWorker Sub-Type:RegularCompany:BCBST BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, Inc.BCBST is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. BCBST will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or membership in a historically under-represented group.BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee via-email, the Internet or any other method without a valid, written Direct Placement Agreement in place for this position from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee HR/Talent Acquisition will not be considered. No fee will be paid in the event the applicant is hired by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as a result of the referral or through other means. Tobacco-Free Hiring Statement To further our mission of peace of mind through better health, effective 2017, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and its subsidiaries no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products in any form in Tennessee and where state law permits. A tobacco-free hiring practice is part of an effort to combat serious diseases, as well as to promote health and wellness for our employees and our community. All offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a tobacco/nicotine test. An individual whose test result is positive for tobacco/nicotine will be disqualified from employment and the job offer will be withdrawn. Individuals who fail the tobacco/nicotine screening will be permitted to reapply for employment after 6 months, if tobacco/nicotine-free.Resources to help individuals discontinue the use of tobacco/nicotine products include smokefree.gov or 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
- Full time
Sign up for Job Alerts
Product Marketing ManagerPiper AircraftVero Beach, FL, United StatesMar 23
Challenger 300 CaptainBusiness Jet Accessdallas, txMar 23
Corporate PilotGreat Southern BankSpringfield, MO, United StatesMar 23
First Officer or Captain Qualified First OfficerTrans States AirlinesSt. Louis, MO, United StatesMar 23
Manager Inflight Service TrainingTrans States AirlinesSt. Louis, MO, United StatesMar 23
Latest from the webjobs by
Industry Manager, Justice, Law Enforcement & Border SecurityUnisysReston, VA18 Mar
Production ControllerWorkforce Resources, IncElizabeth City, NC 2790921 Feb
Division ControllerCommand Security CorporationNew York, NY 1000415 Feb
Staff AssistantAmerican AirlinesChicago, IL 6066624 Mar
Staff AssistantAmerican AirlinesPhoenix, AZ16 Mar
Challenger 300 CaptainBusiness Jet Accessdallas, txMar 23
DHC-8 / Q300 Direct Entry Captains and First OfficersJetstar AirwaysNew ZealandMar 09
Captain A320Air ArabiaCasablanca, Grand Casablanca, MarocFeb 28
Aviation CaptainCoca-Cola ConsolidatedCharlotte, NC, United StatesMar 14
Captain - PilotKeyBankCleveland, OH, United StatesMar 20