Demonstration Pilot (Captain)
Demonstration Pilot (Captain) (120569)
Req Id 120569 - Posted 03/07/2017 - USA - Melbourne, FL - Technical - Flight Operations
Acts as a pilot to support company sponsored operator conferences, sales campaigns, deliveries and demonstrations for customers and prospective customers.
- Acts as a pilot to support company sponsored operator conferences, sales campaigns, deliveries and demonstrations for customers.
- Oversees client pilots route operations with passengers on board.
- Participates, with clients, in new aircraft operation procedures helping with necessary manuals, guides, forms, etc. Ensures operational functionality and pilot and passenger safety.
- Ensures compliance with federal regulations and product specifications.
- Performs demonstrations, nationally and internationally.
- Prepares necessary operational documentation for delivery and demonstration flights such as: over flight authorizations, fuel supply cards, flight logs, runway analysis, arrival and departure procedures, drift down analysis, when applicable, and on board manuals (AOM, MEL, etc.).
- Organizes communication services for deliveries and demonstrations (HF service, Iridium, SATCOM, etc.).
- Verifies legal requirements for over flight permits and/or landing sites in other countries.
- Verifies insurance coverage for flight crew, liability, hull, etc. on delivery and demonstration flights in foreign countries.
- Maintains aircraft manifests updated, is able to communicate maintenance problems in writing.
- Controls and maintains updated all necessary documents and individual/technical licenses.
- Maintains and updates computer database associated with ground logistics, catering services, etc.
- Gives flight instruction in flight simulators, (CBT’s and FTD’s) to company and client’s pilots.
- Controls, issues, classify, and communicate with SAF (Fleet Support Division) staff/personnel documents for each flight crewmember.
- Participates in airplane accident prevention and investigation groups and commissions.
- Participates in technical committees (IATA, ICAO, Euro-control, new executive aviation technology applications such as: Data Link, BRNAV, RVSM, GNSS, etc.).
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Desirable technical degree in aviation, mechanics or electrical field.
- CFI (Certified Flight Instructor)
- Previous experience operating Embraer products, as follows: Minimum 3000 flight hours - 1000 as pilot in-command, and 500 in airplanes over 10000Kg.
- Also, minimum 100 hours experience in international air traffic in US, Canada, or Europe.
- Previous experience with flight instruction, and as a corporate pilot.
- Decision making skills, maturity, pro-active, self-starter, initiative, emotional stability, polite, self-sufficient, self-control, calm, discreet, trusty, persuade, consistent, listener,
- Analysis and evaluation skills, assertive, innovative, creative, interpersonal relationship and communication skills, accuracy, reserved, own judgment skills, open mind, and team-worker.
- Minimum: 2500 total flight hours
500 PIC (Pilot in Command) hours
500 Turbo Jet hours
- Currency: must have flown in the last 90 days
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- International flight experience
- Experience in Business Aviation
- EFIS (Glass cockpit) experience
- Production flight experience
- Ability to hold multiple type ratings
- ATPL (Airline Transport Pilot License) FAA and ANAC authorities (able to fly both N and PT registered aircraft, particularly on demo flights); if candidate does not hold a ANAC license, must be willing to co-validate FAA license to ANAC standards
- First class Medical Certificate (FAA and ANAC)
- Must live within 1hr of base (FLL initially, then MLB)
- Have no criminal records, since multiple visas are required to perform duties
- DAC (Brazilian Civil Aviation Department), FAA ATPs licenses
- First Class DAC and FAA Medical
- Knowledge of most efficient ways for negotiating and obtaining necessary authorizations from agencies in foreign countries
- Accident prevention and investigation techniques and procedures
- Aviation law, including ICAO rules, Chicago convention, and Brazilian aeronautical code
- Aircraft systems/structures (electric, electronic, mechanic, hydraulic, pneumatic, communication, etc.)
- International aircraft traffic
- Operation of flight simulators
- Utilization of safety equipment/ flight survival, flight instructor course, flight performance, operational flight regulations, CRM (cockpit resources management), line oriented flight training (LOFT)
- Language proficiency in English and Portuguese (Spanish useful)
- Lotus notes, internet explorer, Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access)
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations
- Good presentation to represent the company in demonstration and sales activities
- Willingness to travel frequently
- Desirable development in marketing and sales
- Self motivated, mature, good decision maker, team player (CRM)
Sign up for Job Alerts
Product Marketing ManagerPiper AircraftVero Beach, FL, United StatesMar 23
Challenger 300 CaptainBusiness Jet Accessdallas, txMar 23
Corporate PilotGreat Southern BankSpringfield, MO, United StatesMar 23
First Officer or Captain Qualified First OfficerTrans States AirlinesSt. Louis, MO, United StatesMar 23
Manager Inflight Service TrainingTrans States AirlinesSt. Louis, MO, United StatesMar 23
Latest from the webjobs by
Industry Manager, Justice, Law Enforcement & Border SecurityUnisysReston, VA18 Mar
Production ControllerWorkforce Resources, IncElizabeth City, NC 2790921 Feb
Division ControllerCommand Security CorporationNew York, NY 1000415 Feb
Staff AssistantAmerican AirlinesChicago, IL 6066624 Mar
Staff AssistantAmerican AirlinesPhoenix, AZ16 Mar
Challenger 300 CaptainBusiness Jet Accessdallas, txMar 23
DHC-8 / Q300 Direct Entry Captains and First OfficersJetstar AirwaysNew ZealandMar 09
Learjet 60 Second in CommandChantilly Air, Inc.Manassas, VA, 20110 United StatesMar 16
Demonstration PilotPilatus AircraftBroomfield, CO, United StatesMar 23
Captain - PilotKeyBankCleveland, OH, United StatesMar 20