Flight Instructor - Simulator
Flight Instructor - Simulator in Seattle, Washington
Job ID: 29265
Location: Seattle, WA
Job Title: Flight Instructor - Simulator
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and Cuba. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 118 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion. .
- Responsible for flight crewmembers initial, recurrent, upgrade, and differences training in the fixed based and full flight simulators
- Develop lesson plans and conduct ground training modules covering aircraft systems, including normal, abnormal, and emergency operations
- Contribute to the development of training programs, visual aids and other training materials for classroom presentation and individual review
- Ensure training environment is prepared in advance, presentation media is operating correctly and required reference materials and distributed materials are available
- Conduct flight training in the FTD and Full Flight Simulator to develop and reinforce flight procedures in normal, abnormal and emergency flight operations
- Ensure technical accuracy of departmental manuals, including aircraft systems manuals, flight handbooks, performance manuals, checklists, flight operations manuals, and operations specifications
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Embody the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with Professionalism, Integrity, Resourcefulness and Caring
- 5 years aviation background required
- Possess an ATP certificate and 737 Type Rating is preferred
- Experience with Fixed-wing and multi-engine aircraft preferred
- Four year aviation-related degree is preferred
- Ability to complete the Alaska Airlines Captain Qualification Curriculum and obtain 737 type rating required
- Knowledge of 737 aircraft systems preferred
- Knowledge of Crew Resource Management (CRM) concepts required
- Experience utilizing Word, Powerpoint, or other graphic software to create and instruct training curricula required
- Ability to facilitate a cooperative relationship within the department required
- Able to lead classroom discussions and present both technical and non-technical information with high energy, passionate enthusiasm, and a commitment to excellence is required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum age 18 required
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Each day, we are guided by our core values of Professionalism, Caring, Resourcefulness, Integrity and Alaska Spirit at work and in our communities. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. .
Please apply on or before March 28, 2017:
A few helpful tips when applying -
Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
Gather your paperwork, including your work history (we require 10 years of work history to be added to the application), resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to..
Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alien age or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Product Marketing ManagerPiper AircraftVero Beach, FL, United StatesMar 23
Challenger 300 CaptainBusiness Jet Accessdallas, txMar 23
Corporate PilotGreat Southern BankSpringfield, MO, United StatesMar 23
First Officer or Captain Qualified First OfficerTrans States AirlinesSt. Louis, MO, United StatesMar 23
Manager Inflight Service TrainingTrans States AirlinesSt. Louis, MO, United StatesMar 23
Latest from the webjobs by
Industry Manager, Justice, Law Enforcement & Border SecurityUnisysReston, VA18 Mar
Production ControllerWorkforce Resources, IncElizabeth City, NC 2790921 Feb
Division ControllerCommand Security CorporationNew York, NY 1000415 Feb
Staff AssistantAmerican AirlinesChicago, IL 6066624 Mar
Staff AssistantAmerican AirlinesPhoenix, AZ16 Mar
Challenger 300 CaptainBusiness Jet Accessdallas, txMar 23
Learjet 60 Second in CommandChantilly Air, Inc.Manassas, VA, 20110 United StatesMar 16
Non-Line Capable Simulator InstructorCompass AirlinesMinneapolis, MN, United StatesMar 20
Institute of Aviation Certified Flight Instructor (Adjunct)Parkland CollegeChampaign, IL, United StatesMar 21
Flight AttendantFrontier AirlinesVariousMar 21