Director of Operations
Job Location USA-CO-Englewood
Position Type Full Time
The Director of Operations is responsible for operational performance, ensuring each flight is conducted with the highest degree of safety and in compliance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations.
He/she will serve as a role model and passionate advocate for the company’s culture by focusing on what matters most - taking care of our customers and employees. The Director of Operations will be a strong leader with a demonstrated ability to develop effective business strategies and translate them into action, simultaneously coaching his/her team and ensuring accountability.
- Ensure the highest levels of customer service are provided to internal and external customers.
- Lead and manage the Operations and Training Departments; directly manage the Chief Pilot.
- Develop, coach, and mentor direct reports.
- Define, communicate, and hold employees accountable to minimum standards of performance.
- Promote excellence, commitment, accountability, and teamwork throughout the departments.
- Be listed as the named Director of Operations in the company’s Operations Specification A006 and ensure each flight is conducted safely and in accordance with applicable FAA regulations.
- Hold the authority to exercise control over initiating, conducting or terminating a company flight.
- Develop, distribute, and maintain the Company’s Flight Operations Manual, OPSPECS, international, training and other manuals and recommend additional policies and procedures as they relate to safety of the company’s Part 135 aircraft and operations.
- Responsible for the safety performance of the department, creating and implementing a framework of policies and procedures that advance the company’s safety objectives, demonstrating a visible commitment to employee and client wellbeing, and promoting a just safety culture in the organization.
- Ensures the Operations Department meets the Air Charter Safety Foundation’s audit standard.
- Identify department initiatives and develop action plans in support of the company’s strategic plan.
- Ensures flight crews maintain a professional appearance and etiquette which reflects the high standards of the company.
- Develops metrics and dashboards to communicate performance and keep the flight operations team on track.
- Develop and maintain budgets for the departments.
- Establishes training requirements for each member of the department.
- Enforce all applicable company policies.
- Coordinate and monitor departmental cost containment efforts and forecast personnel needs. Responsible for ensuring crew member recruitment efforts are completed.
- Responsible for the final approval of the selection of all flight operations personnel.
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship with the FAA Principle Inspectors having certificate responsibility over the company’s air carrier operations.
- Full understanding of aviation safety standards and safe operating practices.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand Mayo Aviation’s Operations Specifications.
- Expert level knowledge of federal aviation regulations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including team-building, coaching and people development.
- Proven ability to set priorities, communicate objectives, and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
Education or Formal Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Aviation, Aviation Management or similar subject, or 7-10 years of equivalent work experience is required.
- Airline Transport Pilot Certificate is required.
- 15-20 years of aviation experience is required.
- 3-7 years of management experience is required.
- Previous experience in a Part 135 and/or Part 91 operation (aircraft with passenger carrying capacity of 10 or more) is required.
- CTA/FOS software experience preferred.
- Experience with various weight and balance and runway analysis software is preferred.
Material and Equipment Directly Used
- Personal computer, telephone, copier, and smart phone.
Working Environment/Physical Activities
- General office environment.
Mayo Aviation offers eligible employees and their families a comprehensive and competitive benefit package, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Wellness program
- Health savings account
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Employee discounts
All positions are subject to a background check and drug test. This position is covered by the Drug Program and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Program required by Federal Aviation Regulations.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Product Marketing ManagerPiper AircraftVero Beach, FL, United StatesMar 23
Challenger 300 CaptainBusiness Jet Accessdallas, txMar 23
Corporate PilotGreat Southern BankSpringfield, MO, United StatesMar 23
First Officer or Captain Qualified First OfficerTrans States AirlinesSt. Louis, MO, United StatesMar 23
Manager Inflight Service TrainingTrans States AirlinesSt. Louis, MO, United StatesMar 23
Latest from the webjobs by
Industry Manager, Justice, Law Enforcement & Border SecurityUnisysReston, VA18 Mar
Production ControllerWorkforce Resources, IncElizabeth City, NC 2790921 Feb
Division ControllerCommand Security CorporationNew York, NY 1000415 Feb
Staff AssistantAmerican AirlinesChicago, IL 6066624 Mar
Staff AssistantAmerican AirlinesPhoenix, AZ16 Mar
Learjet 60 Second in CommandChantilly Air, Inc.Manassas, VA, 20110 United StatesMar 16
Challenger 300 CaptainBusiness Jet Accessdallas, txMar 23
DHC-8 / Q300 Direct Entry Captains and First OfficersJetstar AirwaysNew ZealandMar 09
Director of Flight Operations - Commercial UAS at AirbusAirbus Commercial AircraftAtlanta, GA, United StatesMar 13
Assistant Director of MaintenanceJet AviationBurbank, CA, United StatesMar 18