United Technologies Corporation - Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation
T-34/T-44 Pilot (Corpus Christi, TX)
Location: Corpus Christi, TX Job Code: 100498-03
Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation is a world leader in the design and manufacture of advanced helicopters for commercial, industrial and military uses. Sikorsky helicopters are used by all five branches of the United States armed forces, along with military services and commercial operators in more than 40 nations. Based in Stratford, Connecticut, USA, Sikorsky has outlying facilities in other Connecticut locations as well as in Florida and Alabama.
1. Performs pre-flight, in-flight and post-flight procedures in accordance with Company and Navy directives.
2. Performs operational ground checks, taxi checks, post maintenance functional check flights, general aircraft systems undergoing maintenance and determines in accordance with technical publications and Company procedures, the airworthiness of an aircraft prior to its release for customer use.
3. Performs troubleshooting procedures of an aircraft on the ground and in flight and makes appropriate (verbal or written log entry) recommendations to assist ground personnel in correcting deficiencies.
4. Performs recovery and ferry flights.
5. Performs naval aviation support flights, as necessary.
6. Instructs maintenance personnel for aircraft ground run- up and taxi operations to prepare employees for certification.
7. Keeps abreast of and complies with FAA and local flying regulations and safety procedures as applicable for the job.
8. Maintains proficiency in basic flight maneuvers, appropriate aircraft emergency procedures and instrument flying consistent with technical publications and Company requirements.
9. Briefs and demonstrates operational and emergency procedures to flight crew and non-crew members.
10. Instructs contract aircrew on flight procedures and maneuvers
BA/BS or equivalent combination of applicable experience and education.
1. Shall have at a minimum a FAA commercial certificate/instrument rating with single engine and multi- engine commercial privileges.
2. Shall have a minimum total time of 2,000 flight hours (all types of aircraft).
3. Shall have a minimum of 250 hours in the T-34 and/or T44 aircraft.
4. Shall adhere to the Naval Aviation Survival Training Program requirements of OPNAVINST 3710.7.
5. Shall be subject to any anthropometric restrictions established for aircraft cockpits utilized in execution of this contract in accordance with NAVAIRINST 3710.9 series
Position is located in Corpus Christi, TX.
Some weekend work and off hours may be required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.