Job Posting Title Unmanned Aircraft System Simulation Manager
Organization Name DB-UAS Lab
Division Daytona Beach Campus
To develop, evaluate, and maintain supporting material that will
enhance the Aeronautical Science Department's ability to educate
and train its students and staff.
The UAS Simulation manager will develop scenario-based
simulations for use in the UAS program. The manager will instruct
students on the fundamentals of Medium Altitude Long Endurance
Unmanned Aircraft System operations. The manager will supervise
operations of the UAS laboratory including; scheduling student
assistants and instructor staff for the laboratory, protecting
sensitive materials and managing the hardware and software of the
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Building Scenarios for various courses taught in the UAS
2. Lead Laboratory instruction for flight fundamentals of Medium
Altitude Long Endurance Unmanned Aircraft System operation.
3. Serve as the chief flight instructor standardizing,
scheduling, and training student and full-time flight instructors
4. Ensure compliance with FAA regulations and guidance directing
UAS pilot training.
5. Maintain the UAS simulator hardware and software, keeping a
record and coordinating with the UAS support team.
6. Operate and maintain the US Government mandated International
Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) program for UAS.
7. Editing and creating training materials, and aids. Facilitate
UAS laboratory based research.
8. Supervises student laboratory assistants and designated flight
Other duties as assigned.
CFI/II or Military equivalent Preferred.
Required skills, knowledge, abilities:
Analytical skills with an in depth knowledge of information
systems and technical expertise with Microsoft operating systems,
Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook/email, and Internet
Computer networking skills. Significant Simulator instruction
experience. Able to systematically log and resolve simulator
malfunctions/issues. Scenario/ SAF simulation skills, Boston
Dynamics DI Guy experience preferred. MS Access, Excel, Outlook
and Word proficiency and must.
3-5 years work related experience.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an affirmative
action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin,
handicap, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Embry-Riddle values diversity: We respect the rights and property
of all individuals, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity,
national origin, age, physical disability, economic background,
sexual orientation, or religious belief. We believe in a
community where all members are welcome, and individuals or
groups are free from harassment.
How To Apply
Thank you for your interest in Embry-Riddle Aeronautical
University. For information on applying for a job, please read
the following section.
1. Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University considers applications
for OPEN positions only. You can obtain information regarding
these openings from
?our online job postings.
2. Human Resources retains applications for a particular position
only until the position has been filled. You may apply online,
within each online job posting.
3. Applicants MUST meet minimum qualifications to be considered
for open positions. Individuals whose qualifications and
experience best meet the needs of the University will be
contacted for an interview.
4. If you need any reasonable accommodations during the
application or interview process, please let us know as soon as
If you have not created your profile (using your email address
and your own password) please click on the "Register today"
button. Once you have created your account, you will be able
successfully apply for the vacancy of your choice.
Please follow the steps below to update and add documents to your
1. Log into your iRecruitment profile (www.erau.edu/jobs ; click
"Available Positions" and then click "Login here")
2. Once logged in, click on "My Account" (it is on the left side
near the top); here you can update your entire profile. The
default tab is "Personal Information", which is where you can
add/delete documents. Just click on the remaining headings to
view and update your profile. Please remember to "Save" often.
3. When you are finished, click the "Save" button and then the
"Home" tab near the top right. This will take you back to your
original welome page of your profile
Amount of Travel Minimum Travel