CCE/DFS, Incorporated, a leading provider of contract staffing
services in the government Construction, Aviation, and Operations
Support sector, is currently seeking Maintenance
Examiner/Maintenance Test Pilot to join our team on a federal
contract to support U.S. Army located in Melgar, Colombia.
• Serve as the Maintenance Examiner/Maintenance Test
Pilot (ME/MTP) in support of the U.S Army Initial Entry Rotary Wing
(IERW) UH-1H pilot training program for Colombian military pilots.
• The incumbent works under the direct supervision of
the Program Manager and in direct coordination with the
Maintenance Manager. The incumbent is based in Melgar,
• The incumbent works in close coordination with the
Colombia Air Force (COLAR) and the Tactical Aviation Field Team
(TAFT) to ensure safe reliable aircraft are available to perform the
• Ensures a high availability rate and the highest quality
maintenance for all assigned aircraft.
• Supervise assigned personnel to ensure strict
compliance with the applicable policies, procedures and regulations
established by the Departamento de Aeronáutica Civil Colombiana
(ACC), US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Original
Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and Military Standards.
• Provide leadership and technical assistance to the
COLAR in the planning and control of the flow of daily maintenance
in support of IERW.
• The incumbent provides leadership and guidance and
assists with the supervision of CCE personnel and ensures
compliance with CCE policies and guidelines.
• Provide periodic management reports and evaluation of
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Represents the company in a professional manner.
• Supervises and provides direction to assigned CCE
personnel to ensure a quality program.
• Provides guidance and counsels subordinates; provides
written quarterly feedback to subordinates on job performance;
and, provides a written annual evaluation on subordinates’ job
performance to superiors.
• Demonstrates a clear understanding of contract
requirements and provides technical clarification to assigned
personnel regarding the requirements.
• Monitors work progress to assure compliance with the
terms and conditions of the contract.
• Analyzes information available in the form of accident
reports, mission readiness reports (i.e., DA Form 1352), and
develops plans, standard operating procedures and implementing
instructions pertaining to flight and maintenance operations.
• Ensures all safety procedures are being followed by
CCE personnel in all areas to include environmental safety and
• Ensures standard operating procedures for CCE
personnel are established and followed.
• Maintains constant liaison with the TAFT and Host Nation
personnel. This liaison consists of written (electronic and written
memos) and verbal communications and coordination to ensure
proper work flow.
• Coordinates with the TAFT and COLAR daily in
performance of duties as ME/MTP
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Must have a Bachelor Degree from an accredited
institution with five years related experience as an Maintenance
Test Pilot, or fifteen years experience as a pilot in the military, law
enforcement, or commercial aviation field and qualified as an MTP.
• Qualification/certification and experience as a military
or FAA Certified Flight Instructor in a formal training program
involving the qualification and standardization of pilots and other
• Possess the technical skills required to train the IPs for
IERW per US Army standards for training at 2-212th HSB.
• Experience as a U.S. Army Instrument Examiner,
Contact, Tactics, NVG, and Aircrew Coordination Instructor is
• Shall be proficient in the Spanish and English language
and all training shall be conducted in Spanish. Spanish language
ability at the Foreign Service Institute Level R/3, S/3 or the
Defense Language Proficiency test (DLPT) level 3/3.
• Shall be qualified and current in the UH-1H and shall
maintain currency as an ME/MTP throughout the duration of the
• Must be current and qualified as an MTP instructor in the
• Basic knowledge of U.S. Federal Aviation Administration
regulations, including, but not limited to FAR Part 1, 61, 67, 91,
135, 137, 141, 143, and 830.
• Possess a current US FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate
Rotorcraft, Helicopter Instrument and/or Airplane, Single/Multi-
Engine Land with Instrument rating.
• Basic knowledge of tactical employment of fixed and
rotary wing aircraft military operations, including capabilities,
limitations, and techniques of employment of aircraft used by the
• Experience as an aircraft operations officer/manager in
a military or civil organization involved in the training and
standardization of rotary wing pilots, the tactical employment of
aircraft in a high threat environment.
• Broad knowledge of and experience in the formulation
of plans and policies pertaining to operations and unit level flight-
training activities. Should have a basic knowledge of command
communications, government intelligence procedures, and US
Military flight operations procedures.
• Familiarity with Colombian Civil Aeronautics regulations
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work under stressful
and challenging conditions with minimal supervision is required.
• Knowledge of contract administration principles,
policies, regulations, and procedures to administer complex
contracts is highly desirable.
• Familiarity with host nation labor laws is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated knowledge and skill in the application of
business management techniques for large, complex, multi-million
dollar organizations is desirable.
• Demonstrated skill in the management of personnel
from diverse backgrounds and work/educational disciplines is
• Experience working in Latin America and dealing with
senior foreign government officials is highly desirable.
• Typing and intermediate computer skills needed to use
information technology and management systems is required.
Computer skills should include Microsoft Office word processing
and spreadsheet applications and Microsoft Outlook.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit CVs via e-mail or fax to 410.263.6515.
CCE/DFS offers an outstanding benefits package which includes
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous
PTO/ Vacation / Sick policy. CCE/DFS is an EEO compliant