Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do?
Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
Part Time based in Calgary Alberta YYC
English (spoken and written) required.
In order to become one of the five most successful international airlines by 2016, our Flight Attendants must provide a World Class Guest Experience 100% of the time. WestJet Flight Attendants are not only ambassadors representing the company, but the face of our culture and our people. Flight Attendants are safety and service professionals, entrusted with the safety of our guests, crew members and the aircraft.
• Enforce and follow all Standard Operating Procedures and ensure compliance with WestJet and Regulatory Standards
• Operate mechanical and safety and emergency equipment such as, oxygen systems, aircraft doors, evacuation slides, fire extinguishers, life rafts, galley equipment, communications equipment, and lighting systems
• Ensuring a World Class Guest Experience, both in-flight and on the ground
• Complete service and sales in accordance with WestJet service standards
• Anticipate guest’s needs and assist with stowing carry-on items which may include pushing, pulling reaching, stooping, kneeling, lifting and carrying
• Manage un-comfortable situations such as unruly guests
• Carry one-self with the utmost professionalism and poise
• Impeccably groomed
• Minimum 5 year’s experience providing exceptional customer service
• Minimum 2 year’s previous sales experience
• Demonstrated ability to be responsible for the safety of others
• Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to convey and receive messages to meet the needs of others
• Demonstrated ability to handle stressful situations with ease
• Must be comfortable to work in confined spaces
• Intermediate skill level with computers required
• English language capabilities are required
• French language capabilities an asset
• High school diploma required
• Post secondary education an asset
• Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor
• Demonstrated ability to deliver and receive feedback
• Demonstrated ability to execute directives upon delegation
• Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and efficiently solve problems
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Must be a minimum 18 years of age
• Must be able to travel away from home for over 5 days and nights. You could be scheduled anytime 24h/7d/365y; Flight attendants are required to be on call for reserve shifts. When on call for reserve, flight attendants must be contactable and able to report to work within one hour of the request being made. You may be scheduled to work up to 5 reserve days in a row.
• Must hold a current valid passport; if you do not hold a Canadian Passport then a Canadian Permanent Resident card and any and all other individual Visas necessary to enable you to perform the duties of a flight attendant wherever WestJet operates on a scheduled and charter basis is required.
•Must be able to obtain and maintain an Airport Restricted Area Pass (security pass requires a 5 year traceable history, clear criminal record and Canadian citizenship or permanent resident card).
• Must pass a WestJet pre-employment medical.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds from floor to above shoulder.
• Must successfully complete all initial training. Initial training is 4 weeks full time, various hours.
• No visible tattoos or more than 2 piercing per ear.
• Completion of a criminal background check will be required.
WestJet is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. WestJet's hiring policy is to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position. WestJet does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.
Safety comes first at WestJet.
Safety comes first at WestJet. Please apply online.