Job Detail (EXPIRED): Director of Maintenance / VP of Technical Services(Connecticut)
View ALL AVIATION JOBS
(last updated Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 08:20 EST)
||Aviation Recruiting LLC
||Director of Maintenance / VP of Technical Services(Connecticut)
Location: Norwalk, Connecticut, USA
Citizenship Requirement: U.S. or Valid
Green Card Holder
- Bachelors degree in Aerospace related field
- 15 years transport category aircraft maintenance experience,
(747 or 777 preferred) of which 24 months must be within the last
- 5 Year Previous management/leadership experience of which
2 years must be in a director level or above.
- Working knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations and
- Valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
- Valid driver's license and US passport
- International cargo operations experience is preferred.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication
- Computer literate in Microsoft software and in use of digital
- Pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment
- Serves as the FAA Accountable Chief Mechanic
- Liaison with the FAA and other regulatory agencies.
- Liaison with equipment manufacture and customers
- Assist in the maintenance of FAA operational specifications
- Accomplishes onsite station evaluations
- Ensures all maintenance is accomplished in accordance with
company procedures and applicable FAR's
- Establishes policies, procedures, and controls for the efficient
operation of the Maintenance departments
- Communicates departmental goals and objects
- Selects, supervises, leads, and trains maintenance
- Evaluates and disciplines maintenance staff
- Select contract maintenance agencies, coordinating the
approval of these agencies with Quality Control
- Ensure adequate equipment, tooling, parts, and staff at all
maintenance station locations.
- Negotiates contract maintenance agreements.
- Ensures all maintenance staff are adequately trained for their
- Analyze the cost efficiency and reliability of vendors.
- Manage Staff levels to provide maximum efficiency and
- Liaison with Accounting on cost control and payment
- Budget and Forecast maintenance department cost.
- Assist in event investigation, as requested by Quality Control
- Provide technical guidance with aircraft discrepancies
- Additional duties assigned by the Vice President of Technical
Aviation Recruiting LLC
420 College Drive, Suite 207
Middleburg, FL 32068