Requisition Number: 09-1010501
Job Status: Activated - Posting Type: Posted Internally and
Externally. - Posting Status: Available
(Things you should know about Virtual Office) Virtual Work Not
Business Unit Commercial Airplanes
Division Commercial Aviatn Srv
Occupation Title Marketing and Sales
Skills Management Title ILHE
Job Classification KADQ3D
Job Type Management
Experience Level Senior Manager/Executive
Exemption Status Management
Security Clearance Required?
(Security Clearance definitions) No Security Clearance Required
Work Eligibility Required? No
US Person Status Required? No
Export Control Required? No
Relocation Money Available? No
Date Posted 07/10/2009
(Things you should know about closing dates) 07/17/2009
This position is based in Chennai, India. Plan and direct all aspects
of the India organization including but not limited to operations,
operational policies, procedures, objectives and initiatives. Provide
short and long-range strategic and operational direction for the
product produced in India. Evaluate results within business
operation to determine if organizational objectives are being met.
Provide leadership for global business development direction and
new commercial business prospects.
1. Executive demeanor demonstrating honesty, integrity and
2. Experience and skill in leading employees while communicating
through managers and/or supervisors.
3. Full set of executive skills with in-depth, industry-specific
experience and business development perspective.
4. Technical knowledge for areas of assigned responsibility.
5. Extensive business development, marketing and sales
6. Experience in authoring and executing business plans and
7. Strong organizational and communication skills.
8. Ability to handle multiple projects.
9. Ability to plan, organize, and effectively present ideas and
concepts to groups.
10. Ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources,
analyze information, and recommend courses of action to be
11. Strong PC skills.
PRIMARY CONTACTS Interacts with all levels of the organization as
well as customers, Boeing, and external stakeholders as
POINT OF PROGRESSION May be considered for other executive
positions within the company provided leadership quality have
been demonstrated and exemplary performance has been
LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITY Leads directly or indirectly a large
base of employees. Assume leadership role for the direction,
coordination, and evaluation of their area(s) of responsibility.
Ensure that they carry out management responsibilities in
accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; instilling a team environment; planning, assigning, and
directing the work activities; appraising performance, rewarding
and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
Other duties as assigned by management.
1. Work closely with CDG President & COO to develop a 5 year
2. Work closely with Boeing India Corporate office to develop a
strategy for new opportunities in India.
3. Create a marketing plan for CDG's India operation.
4. Provide marketing leadership for CDG U. K. & U.S. operations.
1. Provide leadership and vision in developing vision and solutions
related to the company's business initiatives.
2. Demonstrated expertise in a variety of the field's concepts,
practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and
judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
3. Actively participates in creating a positive relationship with
customers and employees.
1. Develop operational goals - identify resources and personnel
needs for department and project assignments.
2. Apply subject matter expertise, in-depth technical and
theoretical knowledge and experience to diagnose and resolve
3. Establish production processes to meet efficiency and quality
4. Oversee day-to-day production to ensure that commitments are
5. Develop and maintain company's relationships with customers.
6. Manage resources, budgets, project plans.
1. Ensure staffing needs are met hiring qualified individuals to
oversee and support technical publications, engineering services,
2. Ensure that training needs are identified and training programs
created and executed.
3. Work with Boeing HR to develop wage scales that meet CDG
Sales & Contracts:
1. Develop a sales strategy to obtain new commercial business in
India, Europe and he U.S.
2. Working with CDG and Boeing legal establish standard contract
language for proposals, contracts, quotes, and purchase orders.
College Degree required.Preferred Degree: Bachelors degree in
Business, Organizational Leadership or a related field Preferred
Accreditations and/or Certifications. Ten or more years of relevant
experience. Must have extensive business development experience
and experience in a technical environment. Must have experience
directing the work of managers and/or supervisors preferred.
Other Job related information
This requisition is an international, locally hired position.
Candidates must be the citizen or legally authorized to work in the
country where the position is located. Boeing will not seek
immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants; this is the
responsibility of the job candidate. Benefits and pay are
determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based
payroll. Details are included above.