Job Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CANADA;
Job Category: Engineering-Aerospace, Training
Company URL: http://www.flyjazz.ca
Date Posted: May 11, 2007
Canada’s second largest airline,Air Canada Jazz,currently serves
85 destinations in Canada and the United States with a fleet of
regional jet and turboprop aircraft.We operate over 800 flights a
day and carry approximately 6 million passengers each
year.Headquartered in Halifax with an employee base of over
4,000 people, Jazz offers a professional working environment and
opportunities for individual career growth.
Jazz is an employment equity employer. We welcome all qualified
candidates to apply.
We are currently accepting resumes for the position of:
MAINTENANCE TRAINER - AME M (FT)
As a Maintenance Trainer - AME M, you will:
• Facilitate maintenance training courses including, but not limited
to, endorsement and update on the Dash 8, CRJ 200/100 and CRJ
• To coordinate and facilitate the delivery of training designed to
meet regulatory requirements, company operating standards, and
• To assist with the implementation of needs assessment, course
design, course evaluation, and materials preparation.
• To provide facilitation services for interdepartmental and
company-wide training initiatives.
Your Key Activities would be:
• Build positive working relationships with customer department(s)
• Deliver training programs competently and consistently, following
a lesson plan and adhering to department standards.
• Contribute to annual training needs assessments for
Endorsement, Recurrent, and Special Programs. Assist with pre-
development needs assessments for mandated additions to
• Assist with the design and development of training programs,
including learning objectives, lesson plans, instructor guides, and
• Assist in evaluating initial, specialized and recurrent training
• Assist with other evaluation efforts led by the Maintenance
• Assist in annual training plans to meet customer requirements,
minimize operational disruption, and efficiently manage resources
and costs. Suggest and coordinate changes as required.
• Collect, organize and submit or maintain training records in
accordance with government regulations (including Bill 90 in
• Assist in the facilitation of interdepartmental training initiatives,
which may include topics related to company culture, also assist
and supervise, Line Trainers.
• Perform duties in accordance with established policies and
procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety,
the safety of co-workers and customers.
We are looking for the following education and specific Training:
• Aircraft Maintenance Engineer license "M" or equivalent.
• The candidate should have five years experience with an
approved aircraft maintenance organization,
• Experience as a trainer
• An Aircraft Certifying Authority on a company type aircraft would
be an asset
• Candidate must be proficient with the Microsoft suite of products
with particular skill sets in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Candidate requires excellent communication skills, both written
• Candidate must be well organized and have the ability to work
with minimum supervision.
• Candidate must have good people skills.
• Travel required.
• Ability to train in French and English would be an asset.
Qualified individuals for this position should apply no later than May
We would like to thank in advance everyone who applies, as only
candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. No telephone