||Feb 14, 2012
||Aircraft Captain (North Canton, OH)
||External Publication for Requisition 50281479
Job Posting Title Aircraft Captain
Start Date 02/08/2012
Reference Code 50281479-I2
Job Title Aircraft Captain
FirstEnergy at a Glance
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is a diversified energy company
dedicated to safety, reliability and operational excellence.
Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy comprises the
nation's largest investor-owned electric system based on
serving six million customers in the Midwest and Mid-
Atlantic regions. Its diverse generating fleet features non-
emitting nuclear, scrubbed baseload coal, natural gas,
and pumped storage hydro and other renewables, and
has a total generating capacity of approximately 23,000
About the Opportunity
This posting is for an Aircraft Captain for FirstEnergy
Service Company, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp.
The position will be responsible for serving as Pilot-In-
Command (PIC) aboard the company's Citation XLS+
and/or Embraer Legacy 600 aircraft. The PIC is
responsible for operating company aircraft on flights
assigned to him/her and ensuring their safety and that of
their occupants. He/she is directly responsible to the Chief
Pilot and has final authority as to the operation of
the aircraft. The position requires knowledge and
compliance of Federal Aviation Regulations and company
Strong CRM and practical cockpit management skills are
Their duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining and promoting the FirstEnergy safety culture
while employing efficient procedures that support
- Assuring the airworthiness of aircraft before flight.
- Performing adequate preflight preparation in accordance
with FARS, company policies and good operating
- Overseeing additional crew members assigned to the
- Performing all tasks associated with operating the
aircraft while away from home base of operations.
- Assuring all required passenger ground handling and
transportation is in place.
- Verifying itinerary times for the next scheduled departure
with the lead passenger.
- Ensuring compliance with customs, immigration,
cabotage laws, and is responsible for passengers until
they are accepted by the state of entry.
- Completing relevant trip paperwork at the conclusion of
- Informing the Chief Pilot or Senior Captain of any aircraft
or operational difficulties.
- Performing departmental duties as assigned.
- Ensuring aircraft cleanliness.
- Ensuring the aircraft is stocked.
- 3500 Total Airplane Flight Hours
- 1500 Hours Multi-Engine Airplane experience
- 500 Hours Pilot-In-Command experience in a turbojet
powered airplane as defined in FAR Part 1
- Must hold a Multi-Engine Airline transport Pilot License
- FAA First Class Medical Certificate
- FCC Radiotelephone Operator Permit
- Four Year college degree preferred
- Current Passport
- Corporate Jet experience preferred
Benefits and Compensation
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We
depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our
changing business environment. We are committed to
rewarding individual and team efforts through our total
rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus
incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension
plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer
contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental,
vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills
development training with tuition reimbursement. Please
visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more
about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy
proudly supports Affirmative Action. FirstEnergy is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.
FirstEnergy is committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V
encouraged to apply. No recruiters or agencies without a
previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer
H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all
of our business activities. We ensure employees have the
tools, information, and processes to perform their duties
in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-
workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to
provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-
free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain
public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves
to achieving world-class safety standards.