Job Detail (EXPIRED): Ground Instructors (Miramar, FL)
View ALL AVIATION JOBS
(last updated Fri, May 24, 2013 at 22:00 EST)
||Dec 20, 2011
||Ground Instructors (Miramar, FL)
||Ground Instructors (3)
Job Number: 11-5324
Location: Miramar, FL
Spirit Airlines (Nasdaq: SAVE) empowers customers to
save money on air travel by offering ultra low base fares
with a range of optional services for a fee, allowing
customers the freedom to choose only the extras they
value. This innovative approach grows the traveling market
and stimulates new economic activity while creating new
jobs. Spirit's modern fleet, configuration and other
innovations enable Spirit to burn less fuel per seat than
competitors, making Spirit the most environmentally-
friendly U.S. carrier. Spirit’s all-Airbus fleet currently
operates more than 175 daily flights to over 45
destinations throughout the U.S., Latin America and
Caribbean. Visit Spirit at www.spirit.com.
• Work with the Sr. Manager of Flight Training, and other
training staff to refine, develop, write and implement
training curriculum for the Spirit Training Department.
• Instruct Spirit pilots in aircraft systems, performance,
general subjects, and basic indoctrination under FAR 121
• Updates and maintains current FAA approved Part 121
Subpart N & O Flight Training programs, as necessary.
• Must be able to follow Spirit’s FAA approved training
curriculum and ensure pilots are trained to the highest
• Provide the Senior Manager of Flight Training a forum for
researching, evaluating, and implementing new or revised
training systems, policies, and procedures.
• Any additional duties or special projects as assigned by
Flight Operations Management.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Manner and professional reputation that reflects
positively upon Spirit and the FAA.
• Knowledge of aircraft systems and operating procedures.
• Ability to effectively communicate highly technical flight
operations subject matter in classroom setting.
• Experience with adult learning principles and advanced
curriculum development processes.
• Expert curriculm developer and proficient with
Powerpoint, Framemaker, and Word, with the ability to
learn other computer progams efficiently.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Four year college degree.
• CFI, and Commercial Pilot with multi-engine rating.
• Two (2) years experience as a ground instructor, or check
• A degree in education, science, or engineering.
If you are interested in joining the largest Ultra Low Cost
Carrier, please apply now.